WELCOME TO THUNDER ISLAND
IMPORTANT CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION
D- BUILDING OWNERS
LIMITED CONDO ACCESS FOR WALKWAY RECOATING
Date revised due to weather. Update 3/19/18
The current walkway coating schedule for Building D is as follows:
· Floors 5 and 4 are scheduled to be closed for work starting Monday, March 26 at 7:00 AM and then reopening on Saturday, March 31 at 7:00 AM.
· Floors 3, 2 and 1 are scheduled to be closed for work starting Monday, April 2nd at 7:00 AM and then reopening on Saturday, April 7th at 7:00 AM.
The recoating process has the contractor grinding and repairing the walkways over the first few days, followed by cleaning and the application of a base coat. Once the base coat is fully dried, the finish coat is applied. The process is completed over 5 days:
· The 4th and 5th floors will be recoated first. While these two upper floors are being recoated the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors will be accessible using the stairwells.
· The 1st floor walkway in front of the elevators and east to the handicapped access ramp will also be recoated when the 5th floor is being recoated. This will result in first floor elevator access being prohibited for a short period.
· Once that is complete, elevator access will be possible to any floor that is not being worked on.
· The stair towers will be open throughout the walkway coating process to access any floor not being worked on.
· Any floor where work is being performed will not be accessible. All States will have no access signs posted in those areas.
· While the 3rd, 2nd and 1st levels are being worked on, there will be access to the 4th and 5th floors through either stair tower or by elevator.
As always, owners are responsible to inform anyone that may be using their unit during this period. If you need any assistance or if there are special circumstances that need consideration, including owner/residents that may need a hotel room while their walkways are being recoated, please contact OCREM. Also note that weather may affect this schedule further, resulting in additional adjustments.
Thanks for your patience!
Please refer to the Siding Project Updates Tab for info and updates regarding the siding construction project.