Thunder Island - Boat Registration
Welcome to the 2021 boating and fishing season at Thunder Island. There have been some changes to the registration process so please download and read completely the new form. We are requiring a couple additional documents: copy of the current vessel registration; copy of the current trailer registration; and proof of insurance (insurance card). These documents are required to complete your registration.
We welcome many new owners to Thunder Island and the demand for boat slips and trailer parking had increased dramatically. We are committed to ensuring we stick to the rules and make every effort to accommodate all of our owners. Additional efforts are being taken, and will continue to be taken, to organize the parking lot being used for boat and PWC trailers. Please communicate with the dockmaster (Russ Long) or Ken Earle prior to launching your boat and parking your trailer.
To contact Russ or Ken, send a text or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your telephone number and one of them will get back to you as soon as they can.
The Thunder Island Board Of Directors wish you a safe 2021 boating and fishing season.
Boats and trailers can be registered by emailing the registration form to email@example.com. Please include the additional documentation explained above. Forms can also be mailed to Ken Earle, Unit 154.
BOAT SLIP RULES AND USER RESPONSBILITIES
- All Boats and Personal Water Craft (PWC) must be registered prior to receiving a docking assignment at Thunder Island. Seasonal slips are available to Thunder Island owners’ vessels only. Registration and slip assignment will be on a first come, first serve basis and registration is open beginning March 1 for any boating season. After registration, a decal will be provided to owners/renters that must be displayed on each Boat or PWC in a location easily seen from the dock. Owners assigned a slip in a preceding year may continue the use of that slip in the following year if they chose to register.
- Registered boats and PWC may be docked in their assigned slip from May 1 until November 1. The docks are closed at other times. Owners have until June 15 to place a registered Boat in their assigned slip unless an exception is granted. Exception requests must be presented to the Dock Master.
- Registration allows the Boat/PWC owner the right to dock a boat in an assigned slip and/or the right to store boat, PWC, or vessel trailer. All registrants must provide copies of: a current valid state vessel registration, a valid state trailer registration displaying valid tag/expiration, and a proof of insurance. Registration will not be completed until all documentation is provided. Long-term renters wanting to register for a slip must show proof of residence at Thunder Island with a driver’s license and valid lease. Slip assignments are available to renters only for their rental period. Renters with a long-term lease requesting a slip must be approved by the Board and if allowed, may be subject to the current rate of $100 per week for the entire rental period. No slip may be used for any commercial purpose, including charter services.
- Boats and PWCs docked in unassigned slips are subject to being removed at the boat owner’s expense, at the discretion of the Thunder Island Board of Directors.
- Marine approved lines in good condition that are 3/8” or larger, based on the size of the vessel, must be used to secure boats. Boats and PWCs operation at Thunder Island must be in accordance with the Department of Natural Resources and US Coast Guard rules and regulations and no water craft may be operated in a manner that creates excess noise or wake. Vessels must also be securely tied within the slip at all times. All lines must be removed when the slip is vacated for more than 21 days and at the end of the season. Please notify the dockmaster if you plan to vacate either temporarily or permanently. Dock space has become limited.
- Owners must take responsibility to ensure that their boat/PWC is safely secured during any weather condition. The Thunder Island Association is not responsible for the safety of an owner or renter’s boat or PWC. Under all circumstances, owners are responsible for the cost to repair dock or other boat damage caused by their boats or PWCs.
- All boats, vessel trailers, and PWCs stored on the Thunder Island condominium parking lots must be registered and parked in the designated areas. A decal will be provided identifying the unit owner/renter. This must be attached to the registered, vessel trailer and/or PWC on the outside of any covers, shrink wrap, etc. and in a location where the decal can be easily seen from the parking lot. All Vessel trailer license tags must be current. Trailer storage is initially limited to one trailer per condominium unit. Should space allow, additional spaces will be considered on a case by case and first come, first served basis.
- Unit owners may store boats or PWCs along with the associated trailer at Thunder Island during the off-season. Boats may also be stored without any trailer, but it must be in a safe and stable manner. Owners of registered Boats and PWCs may store such boats or PWCs during the off-season months in the designated storage aisle on the Thunder Island parking lot if the vessel was kept in the water for at least 30 days during the previous boating season (as defined in Rules 1and 2). Once any registered vessel has been in the water in the designated slip for the required 30-day period of time the boat may be transferred to storage at any time.
- Boats, PWCs and vessel trailers not properly identified and/or registered will be removed at the owner’s expense. It may also be necessary for owners to move approved trailers and stored boats/PWCs with or without trailers to allow for parking lot maintenance.
- Failure to comply with any of the above rules may result in a loss of slip use and/or storage privileges. Violations may also result in the removal (towing) of the registered boat, PWC, or trailer from Thunder Island at the owner’s expense. Privileges and use of boating and storage facilities is at the discretion of the Thunder Island Board of Directors.
- Since there is limited parking spaces available no owner or renter may store a utility trailer anywhere on the premises of Thunder Island unless such storage has been approved by the Board of Directors in advance of the storage of the utility trailer.