Thunder Island - Boat Registration
The Thunder Island Board Of Directors wish you a safe 2018 boating and fishing season.
Boats can be registered by mailing the registration form to:
B104 Thunder Island Condominiums
107 Convention Ctr. Dr.
Ocean City MD 21842
Emory can also be reached at 410-598-6139
BOAT SLIP RULES AND USER RESPONSBILITIES
- All Boats and Personal Water Craft (PWC) must be registered prior to receiving a docking assignment at Thunder Island. Registration and slip assignment will be on a first come, first serve basis and registration is open beginning March 1 for any boating season. After registration, a decal will be provided to owners/renters that must be displayed on each Boat or PWC in a location easily seen from the dock. Owners assigned a slip in a preceding year may continue the use of that slip in the following year if they chose to register.
- Registered boats and PWC may be docked in their assigned slip from the day after the Spring Owner’s Meeting in May until December 1. The docks are closed at other times. Owners have until June 15 to place a registered Boat in their assigned slip unless an exception is granted. Exception requests must be presented to the Dock Master.
- Registration allows the Boat/PWC owner the right to dock a boat in an assigned slip and/or the right to store boat, PWC, or vessel trailer. All registrants must show a valid driver’s license, a State Certificate or Vessel Number and proof of insurance. Long-term renters wanting to register for a slip must show proof of residence at Thunder Island with a driver’s license and valid lease. Slip assignments are available to renters only for their rental period. Renters with a long-term lease requesting a slip must be approved by the Board and if allowed, may be subject to the current rate of $100 per week for the entire rental period. No slip may be used for any commercial purpose, including charter services.
- Boats and PWCs docked in unassigned slips are subject to being removed at the boat owner’s expense, at the discretion of the Thunder Island Board of Directors.
- Marine approved lines in good condition that are 3/8” or larger, based on the size of the vessel, must be used to secure boats. Boats and PWCs operation at Thunder Island must be in accordance with the Department of Natural Resources and US Coast Guard rules and regulations and no water craft may be operated in a manner that creates excess noise or wake. Vessels must also be securely tied within the slip at all times. All lines must be removed when the slip is vacated or at the end of the season.
- Owners must take responsibility to ensure that their boat/PWC is safely secured during any weather condition. The Thunder Island Association is not responsible for the safety of an owner or renter’s boat or PWC. Under all circumstances, owners are responsible for the cost to repair dock or other boat damage caused by their boats or PWCs.
- All boats, vessel trailers, and PWCs stored on the Thunder Island condominium parking lots must be registered and parked in the designated areas. A decal will be provided identifying the unit owner/renter. This must be attached to the registered, vessel trailer and/or PWC on the outside of any covers, shrink wrap, etc. and in a location where the decal can be easily seen from the parking lot. All Vessel trailer license tags must be current. Trailer storage is limited to one trailer per condominium unit. Should space allow, additional spaces will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Unit owners may store boats or PWCs along with the associated trailer at Thunder Island during the off-season. Boats may also be stored without any trailer, but it must be in a safe and stable manner. Owners of registered Boats and PWCs may store such boats or PWCs during the off-season months in the designated storage aisle on the Thunder Island parking lot if the vessel was kept in the water for at least 30 days during the previous boating season (as defined in Rule #s 1 and 2). Once any registered vessel has been in the water in the designated slip for the required 30-day period of time the boat may be transferred to storage at any time.
- Boats, PWCs and vessel trailers not properly identified and/or registered will be removed at the owner’s expense. It may also be necessary for owners to move approved trailers and stored boats/PWCs with or without trailers to allow for parking lot maintenance.
- Failure to comply with any of the above rules may result in a loss of slip use and/or storage privileges. Violations may also result in the removal (towing) of the registered boat, PWC, or trailer from Thunder Island at the owner’s expense. Privileges and use of boating and storage facilities is at the discretion of the Thunder Island Board of Directors.
- No owner may store a utility trailer at Thunder Island unless it is approved by the Board of Directors. Such approval must also be consistent with the By-Laws.